Saturday, April 30, 2016

At This Moment


I picked up one of my favorite magazines, Bella Grace (Issue 7), and it had this writing prompt I wanted to give a shot. Feel free fill in your own list and share!

-----

One of the best ways to cheer yourself up is to take a trip down memory lane. Record all of the things you’re currently loving and enjoying, and the next time you feel down, refer back to this list.

Currently I’m:

Reading: I just finished quite a few books by Charlie N. Holmeburg (I really enjoyed The Paper Magician Trilogy and Follwed By Frost) and started a book called “La Bella Lingua: My Love Affair with Italian, the World’s Most Enchanting Language” by Diane Hales. We are planning a trip with the kids to Italy in a few months and this book is my way of preparing and getting excited.

Eating: Right now, my staples are: Power Grain waffles with almond butter and sugar free syrup for breakfast every morning (it’s so fast, easy, and yummy), and a protein shake for lunch (I swear replacing lunch foods with smoothies has healed my stomach issues). I have a honeycrisp apple every day... to keep the doctor away and all. Dinner is where I change it up, but it’s typically grilled salmon or chicken with veggies or in a salad. I get more wild on the weekends when we tend to eat out more. Did I mention I hate cooking?

Drinking: Green tea, Ginger tea… And I just started drinking coffee again! It’s taking some getting used to (all the shaking and jitteriness) but my stomach is finally tolerating it once again after a year hiatus. Hurray!

Listening To: A CD that my brilliantly talented choir conductor, Peter Hillard, made for each section of the choir (unedited) to learn their parts for our Spring Concert in May. It’s equal parts helpful, disturbing, and hilarious. My kids are starting to sing along to the Alto parts as if they’re the melody. I’ve been driving with the windows up more often.

Watching: I don’t watch much… I prefer to quietly read! But when I do, it’s usually a new release movie I can rent from iTunes or Amazon, or binge watch episodes of New Girl, The Mindy Project, or Brooklyn 99 while I clean.

Texting: Been trying to text my siblings and family more often. I’m terrible at keeping in touch, and I miss them.

Photographing: The simple, ordinary, beautiful and exciting stuff that is my daily life. I like my perusing my Instagram feed and smiling at how full and happy my life is. I’m a lucky gal. I’ve also been taking pictures of outfits before I head out on a trip. Makes packing way easier.

Loving: I just joined a Cardio Kickboxing gym, and I love it. It’s totally exhilarating to me when I put my everything into a workout, which is easy to do when punching and kicking the crap out of a giant weighted bag. My mind and body are challenged, and I walk out exhausted. I text my husband after every class to remind him how much I love it. Cuz he should know, ya know?

Smelling: Everything. I have a sensitive nose, and more often than not, I find myself wishing people wouldn’t wear perfume or cologne. To me, it’s as rude, inconsiderate, and physically harmful to others as smoking. Unlike other things you can wear that don't physically affect people around you… perfume and cologne are harmful to people like me who get headaches, sinus inflammation, and migraines from strong smells. So, friends, I’m sure if you shower a few times a week, your natural smell is just fine. Better even, than any chemical you choose to spray yourself with. Okay?
<Sigh> Rant over.

Celebrating: My mom’s breast cancer removal and lack of the bad cells. She doesn’t need radiation, and we’ll find out about chemo treatment soon, but I’m celebrating her and the fact that she’ll be enjoying life a lot longer! Woohoo!

Enjoying: My marriage. We just celebrated 8 years! My husband rocks. He’s my best friend. I love who he is and how he thinks, and I enjoy talking to him with all his thoughts and perspectives. I’m also enjoying watching my 4 year old learn to read, write, and count, and watching my 2 year old just grow up to be a big girl.

Trying: To accept my body. It’s hard. I’m a perfectionist. There’s so much awesomeness about it, yet so much I’m not happy with. It’s a constant struggle, but the more (and less!) I try the easier it’s getting. Being around strong women who don’t (seem) to have body issues is helpful. Subjecting myself to less media helps, too. Being grateful for the good parts over the bad. Replacing negative self-talk as soon as it comes up is helping, too!

Feeling: A bit run down, but recovering. I had a busy week last week, and then traveled, and have a busy week next week. I did too much and hurt my lower back (not as bad as I did around this time last year) but I’m taking it easy and slowly getting it back to normal.

Hoping: To see my sister soon. I miss her. And to be in better control and have more awareness of our finances. We’ve been on top of it lately and it feels good!

Considering: Moving. I just toured my dream home (sort of by accident - we were checking out the neighborhood and the realtor walked out and gave us a tour!) and seriously considering it. I’m trying not to fall too hard, especially since it’s the first place I’ve seen, other than looking online. We weren’t planning on moving this year, and the house probably won’t be on the market for that long! We’re trying to pick a good place to settle down and plant some roots, where the kids can go to awesome schools and grow up with neighborhood friends.

Pinning: Cute dresses and outfits (since I have a wedding and a bunch of traveling coming up this summer) and writing inspiration and prompts.

Writing: Blog posts, journaling, and sometimes working on a book or short stories.

“Never let a day pass without looking for the good, feeling the good within you, praising, appreciating, blessing, and being grateful. Make it your life commitment, and you will stand in utter awe of what happens in your life.” - Rhonda Byrne
“We are all pure perfection, desperately trying to be something we already are. Life is not a struggle, life is a song and we were all born to dance.” - Anita Krizzan 
“She had a little rebel in her. A little chaos and a little gentleness. She didn’t say much and sometimes she would doze off. She would drift away, dream with the stars, and that was OK. She had a little fight in her and every time she built enough courage, her voice would echo through the sky. She wasn’t complete, but she had enough. There was a science to her genius, her madness, her beauty, and there was nothing she couldn’t accomplish. She was unstoppable and everything she ever wanted she took, with nothing on but a smile.” - H.W. Drake 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or questions? Feel free to share! Keep it clean, please.